Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cest la vie - Arrivederci Frost

So many things happening right now.  I'm going to take this moment to blather about my life.

I'm leaving the Twin Cities.  I've called this place my home for the last seven years.  It's strange how I always told myself I could never love another place, yet here I am, getting ready to move back to Madison; my hometown, childhood play place and the last place I ever thought I'd want to live again.  Don't get me wrong, Madison has its beauty... but I thought I'd grown out of it.  I'm getting all sentimental.  Every time I go back to Madison I become nostalgic, yet this time, this move... it's a new chapter.

John is moving with me and my reasons are more intense than saving money.  I need to reconnect with my roots, this move will be good for me.  For us.

This probably isn't making much sense, and to be 100% honest, I'm O.K. with that.  I'm opening the box that has held it all in the back of my mind these past few weeks and it's all rushing out, getting lost in translation.  Maybe that's a good thing?  Maybe you don't really need to know exactly how much I mull things over (to the point of nonsense).

Whatever.  On top of all my reasons for moving back, a new can of worms, so to speak, has spilt over as well.  I'm leaving a job that has been my life for the past year and a half.  Boo hoo, you say?  Boo hoo, I say!  Seriously.  I found this job and so many things about it intolerable, but with a definitive date of unemployment, I'm beginning to realize what I loved about this job, who and what I'm going to miss... and it's astonishing.   This job has aged me, like a nice French Bordeaux or some cheese.

I worked 60 hours last week, and if it wasn't for my aching legs (and feet), I'd be there tonight, too.

Sigh.  If only I knew French, I could better exaggerate my feelings.  Cest la vie.


No comments:

Post a Comment