Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

I'm lovin' it

This weekend was packed with friends and family.  John's best friend since childhood had a bbq send off, a frat friend from college got married, and we finally made it to the Northeast Social Club in Minneapolis.  I only wore this outfit for two out of the three, but I'm head over heels for this dress.  



 No need for a necklace since there is so much embroidery going on already.
 I know color blocking your outfit is super "in" right now, but I never base my wardrobe on trends.  This dress speaks for itself; anything more than a small color pop and I would have called the fashion police on myself.  Let's keep it simple.  Let's keep it safe.
 When I bought the accessories for the wedding, I had a moment of panic and asked the cashier "White accessories are ok for a wedding right?  As long as I'm not wearing a white dress??"  Poor lady had no idea.  Thankfully, the woman behind me had broken the taboo once before and put my fears to rest.







What I'm Wearing:
Sunglasses: John's Ray Bans.  We share like that :)
Earrings: Everyday People 
Dress: Everyday People.  One of my favorite finds!  Comfort and style wrapped into one beautiful piece.
Shoes: Payless Shoes. These shoes worked because of the similar pattern as the embroidery, but I think platforms would have gone with the outfit better.
Clutch: Payless Shoes. Again, the ruffles on the clutch with the ruffles on the hem...in hindsight I'm wishing I'd gotten a harder clutch with no design. OH well.


The wedding was held in caves, so this outfit was perfect with long sleeves.  The tour guide actually commented on the 20s look, since his history backstories took place around that decade.

As much fun as this weekend was, I'm glad it's over and I can get back to a regular eating schedule.  Too much greasy food and cheese, I'm telling you.

Hasta pasta!

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say, I was perusing another site (I believe it was shopittome.com) and saw this dress under Victoria's Secret. WHO KNEW!?! thrifting is the best!

    ReplyDelete